TacoSetter Bypass Flange
The TacoSetter Bypass, referred to in the branch as just «TacoSetter», is the classic model of balancing valves. The popular and reliable original for static hydronic balancing indicates the flow volume by means of a scale directly in a bypass test object or in the valve/accessories. The TacoSetter Bypass has been part of the Taconova portfolio since 1985. While retaining its trusted attributes, it has been continuously developed even further.
Direct hydraulic balancing and control of flows to consumers or in a subsystem. TacoSetter Bypass Flange balancing valves offer an easy and accurate method of adjusting the flow rates for heating-, ventilation-, air conditioning- and cooling systems.
Correct balancing of hydraulic circuits ensures optimum energy distribution, resulting in more efficient and economical operation in accordance with the energy saving regulations provided for by legislation.
With TacoSetter Bypass Flange balancing valves, any qualified fitter can set the appropriate flow rate
using the unique flow measurement device, avoiding investments in training and costly measuring devices.
- Accurate and fast adjustment with scale and without the aid of diagrams, tables or measurement devices
- Direct reading of the set volume flow in l/min
- Variable installation position, maintenance-free
- Flow control with setpoint adjuster
- Regulating valve with isolating facility (rest leakage possible)
- Minimal pressure loss
Measurement of the flow rate through the valve can be set by turning the adjustment screw until the required flow rate is read on the front edge of the float, which is situated within the measuring cylinder.
The two check valves must be in the open position but can be closed after commissioning without affecting the set position.
- kVS-value and measurement range: see table
- Operating temperature TO max: 100 °C
- Operating pressure PO max: 10 bar
- Measuring accuracy: ± 5 % of the final value
- Installation position: in the flow direction in any position (360°)
- Housing: gray iron
- Test object: brass
- Inner parts: stainless steel and plastic
- Viewing glass: heat-resistant, shock-resistant plastic
- Seals: EPDM
- Heating water (VDI 2035; SWKI BT 102-01; ÖNORM H 5195–1)
- Water and proprietary additives used against corrosion and freezing up to 50%
For pipe installations in heating water and cooling areas:
- Apartment blocks, housing estates, multiple dwelling units
- Residential care facilities and hospitals
- Administration and service buildings
- School buildings and sports facilities
- Commercial and industrial buildings