TacoSetter Tronic is a balancing valve with a shut-off function. The valve also enables digital volume flow and temperature measurements. It monitors drinking water, solar and heating systems and supplies accurate data to the electronic system controller. It is suitable for volume flows of 1 – 40 l/min.
Flow volumes and temperatures can be very easily measured and simultaneously evaluated with the TacoSetter Tronic.
The features of the TacoSetter Tronic include its different options for use in drinking water, solar and heating systems.
The electrical signals for flow and temperature can be used for the control and monitoring of pumps and valves, or for heat quantity metering.
A controller, from Sorel for example, can be used to display the measurement data.
The control valve can limit or interrupt the flow.
Hydraulically correct balanced systems ensure optimum energy distribution and in this way maintain economic operation as required by the Energy Saving Regulations.
- Precise and fast electronic measurement of flow volume and temperature
- High measurement precision
- Measurement range 0...100 °C
- Temperature measurement directly in the medium
- Direct connection to circulating pump, variable installation position
- Glycol resistant
- Regulating valve with isolating facility (rest leakage possible)
The TacoSetter Tronic was developed for the combined measurement of flow volume and temperature. The flow measurement is based on the vortex principle.
The vortex shredding on the body in the flow is proportional to the flow rate.
The generated vortices are detected by a piezoelectric sensor and evaluated by the integrated electronics.
- kVS value and measurement range: see table
- Operating temperature TO max: 120°C
- Operating pressure PO max: 8 bar
- Measurement accuracy: 1–12 l/min < 3% of the final value
- Measurement accuracy: 2–40 l/min ± 1.5% of the final value
- Temperature measurement range: 0 – 100°C
- Measurement parts approved for drinking water
- Viscosity of medium: see overview of types
- 1" flat-sealed connections
- Protective class: IP44a
- Electrical signals for sensors:
- Temperature: 0.5 – 3.5 V
- Volume flow: 0.5 – 3.5 V
- Ground: 0 V (PE)
- Power supply: (+5 V DC), PELV
- Male thread cylindrical (G) and female thread (cap nut) G 1" according to ISO 228
- Installation position: in the flow direction (note information given in the technical data sheet)
- Housing: brass
- Inner parts: stainless steel, brass and plastic
- Sensors: PPS, PPA, PA
- Seals: EPDM
- Heating water (VDI 2035; SWKI BT 102-01; ÖNORM H 5195–1)
- Potable water (DIN 1988-200)
- Water and proprietary additives used against corrosion and freezing up to 50%
For pipe installations in drinking water, heating and cooling area:
- Apartment blocks, housing estates, multiple dwelling units
- Residential care facilities, hospitals
- Administration and service buildings
- Hotels and restaurants, industrial kitchens
- School buildings and sports facilities
- Commercial and industrial buildings
- Facilities with partial use, such as barracks, camping sites