TacoTherm Fresh Mega2 X
Fresh hot water station for hygienically heating drinking water in accordance with the continuous flow principle with innovative regulation technology.
The TacoTherm Fresh Mega2 X (C/CL) fresh water station is used for on-demand preparation of domestic hot water in accordance with the continuous flow principle.
It retrieves the heat from the storage tank of an existing or new heating system, which uses solid-fuel boilers, heat pumps, solar systems, etc. as a heat source. The station replaces the storage of hot drinking water and thus provides a high degree of protection against Legionella by avoiding water stagnation.
Compact and versatile
- Models: with and without circulation pump, dual-zone return stratification
- Cascading possible
- Integration in building control system via optionally available ModBus RTU interface
- Integrated safety subassembly and soft-close valves
- Valves and components are fully preassembled as well as fully wired ready for connection
- Simple and fast commissioning
Drinking water is heated to the defined dispensing temperature in the TacoTherm Fresh Mega2 X (C/CL) in accordance with the continuous flow principle. The integrated heat exchanger is supplied with as little hot water from the storage tank as is required to maintain a constant dispensing temperature.
The latest pump and regulation technology is used. In recording the temperature difference and flow rate data, the electronic regulator simultaneously records and stores the quantity of heat consumed.
In addition to an additional circulation pump that can be installed, the TacoTherm Fresh Mega2 X (C/CL) can also be supplied with a switching valve for dual-zone return stratification.
The primary pump, circulation pump as well as load valve are controlled by the integrated regulator in accordance with specifications.
- TacoTherm Fresh Mega2 X controller
- Weight (empty): 19.5 – 22 kg
- Overall dimensions (incl. hood): W 470 mm × H 685 mm × D 193 mm
- Operating temperature TO max: 95 °C
- Operating pressure PO max: 10 bar
- Primary pump: Grundfos UPML 25-105 130 PWM
Modules on secondary side with drinking water certifications
- Operating temperature TO max: 85 °C
- Operating pressure PO max: 9 bar
- Safety valve (intrinsic safety): 10 bar discharge pressure and 9 bar closing pressure
- Circulation pump: Grundfos UPM3 Auto L 15-70
- See design diagram
Electrical connection data
- Mains voltage: 230 VAC ± 10 %
- Mains frequency: 50...60 Hz
- Power consumption: max. 250 W
- Protection type: IP 40
- Base plate: Galvanized sheet steel
- Rear panel and hood: EPP design insulation
- Primary: Cast steel
- Secondary: PPS (plastic, approved for drinking water)
- Valve housing: Brass
- Pipes: DN 20 stainless steel 1.4404
- Plate heat exchanger:
- Plates and connector pieces: Stainless steel 1.4401
- Heat exchanger solder: 99.99 % copper (stainless steel solder model available on request)
- Seals: AFM flush seal
- Heating water (VDI 2035; SWKI BT 102-01; ÖNORM H 5195–1)
- Cold water
- Apartment blocks
- Housing estates
- Multiple dwelling units
- Smaller public buildings
- Facilities with partial use – for example barracks, camping sites, etc.
TacoTherm Fresh Mega2 X
Fresh hot water station