Electro-thermal actuator in normally closed mode for installation in panel heating manifolds.
TacoDrive is a valve drive unit consisting of an electro-thermal actuator and a heating valve.
The valve drive unit is intended for installation in panel heating manifolds.
The innovative valve technology is compatible with the standardized Toconova TopMeter interface.
This patented technology allows the actuator to be designed in a compact manner.
The valve drive unit has been reduced to the essential functional components and is especially suitable for automatic installation in panel heating manifolds.
The integrated and reversible first-open function guarantees the subsequent filling and venting of the system. The system operator can use the integrated valve position indicator to check the actual valve position.
- Extremely compact
- Pre-assembled valve drive unit for automatic installation in panel heating manifolds
- Actuator with connector and maximum protection class (IP54)
- Integrated valve position indicator
- Integrated reversible first-open function for manual operation
- Can be adapted to TopMeter interface
- Very high valve control force owing to direct-acting expansion element
The TacoDrive combines valve and actuator for controlling heating circuits at panel heating manifolds. The valve drive unit operates in normally closed (NC) mode.
The TacoDrive is activated by a room temperature control unit (e.g. in the NovaStat series) with a two-step output.
- Type: Normally closed (NC)
- Ambient temperature: 0 - 50 °C
- Opening/closing time: approx. 3 minutes
- Visual inspection of expansion element
- Reversible first-open
- Protection class of actuator: IP54
- Protection class II
Electrical connection data
- Rated voltage. 230 V, 50/60 Hz
- Permissible voltage deviation: ±10%
- Operating efficiency: 1.8 W
- Inrush current: 230 V: 0.6 A for max. 100 ms
- Recommended fuse: 0.35 A slow-acting, as per DIN 41662
- Connection cable length: 1 m
- Connection cable: 2 * 0.75 mm², PVC with plug protected against polarity reversal
- Medium temperature: -10 °C - +60 °C
- Operating pressure PO max: 6 bar
- System test pressure: max. 10 bar (20 °C)
- kVS value: 1.55
- External thread G ½"(cylindrical) as per ISO 228
- Double valve stem seal with grease reservoir
- Visual inspection of valve
- Brass, heat-resistant plastics
- Seals: EPDM, FKM
- Heating water (VDI 2035; SWKI BT 102-01; ÖNORM H 5195-1)
- Cooling water and water mixtures with typical corrosion and anti-frost additives
For installation in heating and cooling applications in:
- Apartment blocks, housing estates, multiple dwelling units
- Residential care facilities and hospitals
- Administration and service buildings
- Hotels and restaurants
- School buildings and sports halls, sports facilities
- Commercial and industrial buildings
- Facilities with partial use – for example, barracks, camping sites etc.