NovaMix High Capacity
Maintaining constant mix temperatures and limiting temperatures in hot water systems
The automatic thermostatic mixing valve NovaMix High Capacity ensures a constant temperature of the mixed water at the outlet when used as the central mixing device. This prevents scalding at the outlet, even with high storage tank temperatures.
The large valve cross sections in the NovaMix High Capacity reduce the valve’s intrinsic pressure loss (high kVS), permitting high flow rates even at peak times. Special valve seals on the controller piston reduce unwanted mixtures to a minimum (very low internal cold water leakage rate), which provides maximum utilization of the storage temperature.
The NovaMix High Capacity is mainly used in sanitary applications (SVGW approval) as a regulating device for reducing the temperature of the water coming out of hot water tanks.
It can also be used in numerous other applications requiring a constant mixing temperature. For example as a mixing unit for constant water mixing temperatures in panel heating systems and for loading storage tanks by means of solid-fuel boilers.
- Constant temperature of the water at the outlet
- Automatic mixing function without the need for auxiliary power
- Infinite regulation of the mixed water temperature in the range from 20 – 70 °C
- Protection against scalding; the NovaMix High Capacity model closes tightly
- Special design with anti-scalding device
- Can be used in panel heating systems and for loading storage tanks by means of solid-fuel boilers
The mixing valve is supplied with hot water from the storage tank and cold water from the mains network.
The temperature of the mixed water is detected by the thermostatic expansion element. If the mixed water temperature diverges from the target value, the thermostatic expansion element moves the regulator piston, thus regulating the hot and cold water intake quantity accordingly, until the mixed water temperature corresponds to the target value.
- Adjustable temperature range: 20 – 70 °C
- kVS values and dimensions as per the relevant tables (see data sheet)
- Operating temperature TO max: 90 °C
- Max. operating pressure PO max: 10 bar
- Temperature stability for mixing: max. 4 K (for change in hot water temperature: 20 K)
- Locking function in the event of failure of the cold water supply
- Weight: 0.9 kg
- Recommended minimum tap flow rate: 5 l/min
- Male thread G (cylindrical) to ISO 228
- Noise class 2
- Installation position: can be installed in any position
- Housing and inner parts: brass (resistant to dezincification)
- Seals: EPDM, NBR
- Housing with lime resistant-coating
- Heating water (VDI 2035; SWKI BT 102-01; ÖNORM H 5195–1)
- Potable water (DIN 1988-200)
- Diverting function possible (inflow via a mixing gate)
For pipe installations in drinking water and heating area:
- Apartment blocks, housing estates, multiple dwelling units
- Residential care facilities, hospitals
- Administration and service buildings
- Hotels and restaurants, industrial kitchens
- School buildings and sports facilities
- Commercial and industrial buildings
NovaMix High Capacity
Thermostatic mixing valve for storage water heating unit, temperature range 20 – 70 °C (kVS without check valve)
MT 52 HC MT52 HC MT 52 High Capacity