Maintaining constant mix temperatures and limiting temperatures in hot water systems
The automatic thermostatic mixing valve NovaMix Value ensures a constant temperature of the mixed water at the outlet when used as the central mixing device.
This prevents scalding at the outlet, even with high storage tank temperatures.
Wide area of possible application thanks to three different valve dimensions. Available with ¾" (DN15), 1" (DN20) and 1 ¼" (DN25) connection.
Special valve seals at the regulator piston keep undesired admixtures to a minimum*, resulting in maximum utilisation of the storage tank temperature.
The NovaMix Value is mainly used in sanitary applications as a regulating device for reducing the temperature of the water coming out of hot water storage tanks. For example as a mixing unit for constant water mixing temperatures in panel heating systems and for loading storage tanks by means of solid-fuel boilers.
* If the hot water lies 3K below the set mixing temperature, the cold water leak rate = 0. Otherwise, the maximum value for admixtures is 3K.
- Constant temperature of the water at the outlet
- Automatic mixing function without the need for auxiliary power and infinite regulation of the mixed water temperature
- High regulation precision
- Protection against scalding
- High kVS values
- Valve housing with non-stick coating to protect against lime scale deposits
- Mechanism to prevent adjustment of the nominal value
- No additional seals required when using the check valves (CV)
- Can be used in panel heating systems and for loading storage tanks by means of solid-fuel boilers
The mixing valve is supplied with hot water from the storage tank and cold water from the mains network.
The temperature of the mixed water is detected by the thermostatic expansion element. If the mixed water temperature diverges from the target value, the thermostatic expansion element moves the regulator piston, thus regulating the hot and cold water intake quantity accordingly, until the mixed water temperature corresponds to the target value.
- Adjustable temperature ranges:
- 20 – 50 °C
- 45 – 65 °C
- 35 – 70 °C
- kVS values and dimensions as per the relevant tables (see data sheet)
- Operating temperature TO max: 100 °C
- Operating temperature TO max with check-valve (CV): 90 °C
- Max. operating pressure PO max: 10 bar
- Min. operating pressure PO min: 0,5 bar
- Working pressure (dynamic): max. 5 bar
- Constant inlet pressure differential: max. 2 bar
- Temperature stability for mixing: max. 3 K (for change in hot water temperature: 15 K)
- Locking function in the event of failure of the cold water supply
- Noise class 2
- Installation position: can be installed in any position
- Housing: brass (resistant to dezincification)
- Internal parts: High-quality plastic
- Seals: EPDM
- Housing with lime resistant-coating
- Heating water (VDI 2035; SWKI BT 102-01; ÖNORM H 5195–1)
- Potable water (DIN 1988-200)
- Diverting function possible (inflow via a mixing gate)
- DN 15 and DN 20 are also suitable for flow water heating units
For pipe installations in drinking water and heating area:
- Apartment blocks, housing estates, multiple dwelling units
- Residential care facilities, hospitals
- Administration and service buildings
- Hotels and restaurants, industrial kitchens
- School buildings and sports facilities
- Commercial and industrial buildings
NovaMix Value 65 FS (MT53)
Thermostatic mixing valve for the temperature range 45 – 65 °C (compliant with EN15092)
NovaMix Value 70 FS (MT53)
Thermostatic mixing valve for the temperature range 35 – 70 °C (75 °C for Legionella flushing)
NovaMix Value 50 FS
Thermostatic mixing valve for the temperature range 20 - 50 ˚C