CENTRALIZED OR DECENTRALIZED?
When it comes to planning fresh hot water stations, the choice is yours.
ENERGY TRANSFER AT FLOOR LEVEL
The energy storage system for supplying heat and domestic hot water is the centerpiece of the heating system. The thermal energy stored here can be transferred at floor level either by means of centralized fresh hot water technology or decentralized heat interface units (domestic hot water and heating energy).
CENTRALIZED PREPARATION OF DOMESTIC HOT WATER
The station is planned to be in the immediate vicinity of the storage tank in the case of centralized preparation of domestic hot water. One of these systems can supply heated drinking water for up to 200 apartments taking account of the simultaneous dispensing of the domestic hot water. The stations can be connected individually to the domestic hot water network in this scenario or also cascaded.
DECENTRALIZED PREPARATION OF DOMESTIC HOT WATER
Decentralized fresh hot water stations or heat interface units operate according to the same technical principle as centralized systems. The energy required to prepare domestic hot water is provided by means of the central storage tank and transported to the apartment via a riser pipe pump. The fresh hot water stations are installed directly in the apartments with this type of installation.
Decentralized heating of drinking water – where only ejector lines are used – allows the risk level of Legionella to be reduced to "low". As the volume of domestic hot water is consequently reduced to <3 l, these heat interface units are classed as small installations in the sense of the German Drinking Water Regulations (Trinkwasser- Verordnung, TrinkwV) from November 2015 and are therefore not subject to any special mandatory testing. In combination with connecting piping for radiators or underfloor heating, the heat interface unit becomes the central point of access for supplying energy in an apartment. This allows energy consumption to be recorded and calculated on an individual apartment basis. The heat meter takes on the role of an apartment energy meter and there is no need for domestic hot water meters.
MODULAR HEAT INTERFACE UNITS
The modular TacoTherm Dual Piko or Nano heat interface units distribute heat energy and handle decentralized preparation of hot water in apartments in accordance with the continuous flow principle.
BENEFITS AT THE PLANNING STAGE
- The compact design and, if required, small installation depth make space planning easier
- Efficient planning thanks to modular basic concept with large number of variants
- On-demand, hygienic preparation of domestic hot water
- Demand-driven calculation of energy costs
- Fixed value-controlled or weather-controlled versions available
BENEFITS AT THE INSTALLATION STAGE
- High levels of prefabrication ensure fast and simple installation and startup and therefore time savings
- Service and warranty from a single source
- Reliable operation thanks to high-quality components
- Easier to provide proof of drinking water quality
- Simple, retrospective fitting of heat meters possible