FOR THE GREATEST SAFETY IN BUILDING SERVICES
Professionally installed measuring and control valves and accessories are essential elements in the protection of people and equipment against damage. Taconova offers a wide range of top-quality products.
RELIABLE LIMITATION OF HOT WATER OUTLET TEMPERATURE
A convenient supply of hot water is closely linked with the need to have hygienic drinking water and to save energy. Measures to prevent scalding are essential in both private sanitary systems and in private homes.
PROTECTION AGAINST SCALDING IN ALL SITUATIONS
Mixing valves from Taconova cover a wide range of application areas, from single wash hand basin to central temperature limiting for large throughput volumes:
At the wash stand connection:
The NovaMix Compact mixing valve limits the hot water temperature directly at the wash hand basin connection, thereby providing effective protection against scalding in both public and private sanitary systems. This means that the hot water temperature can have high temperatures applied until directly before the dispensing point.
At the outlet of the hot water storage unit or continuous water heaters:
This type of installation offers the necessary protection against scalding in small hot water supply systems, such as detached, single family homes. The mixing valve ensures a constant and precise mixing temperature.
In large hot water supply systems:
With large throughput volumes of up to 100 l/min, the NovaMix High Capacity regulates the set temperature.
In panel heating systems:
For mixing the required flow temperature.
In renewable energy systems:
For ensuring correct loading of the storage tank when using solid fuels.
SAFE TEMPERATURE CONTROL
A fast-response thermal element in the NovaMix mixing valve ensures effective protection against scalding, precise temperature regulation and constant hot water temperatures at the dispensing point. Should the cold water feed fail, the regulating unit automatically stops the hot water feed.
Those parts of the NovaMix mixing valves that come in contact with the medium are approved for use in drinking water installations. The internal parts have a protective layer to prevent calcification.
For manual thermal disinfection the setting can simply be changed to maximum temperature and then back again.
MAINTAINING A CONSTANT TEMPERATURE IN HOT WATER CIRCULATION SYSTEMS
In addition to the main function for limiting the temperature, the NovaMix mixing valves can also be used to reduce energy consumption in circulation systems. For this the thermostatic mixing valve is used as a bypass between the circulation and hot water line before the water re-enters the hot water storage station. If no hot water is dispensed, the set temperature is maintained in the circulating circuit without unnecessarily pumping the water through the storage unit.
MIXING VALVE FOR TEMPERATURE ISOLATION
One possible application for cooling systems and airconditioning systems is to use the NovaMix as a diverting valve. The valve is supplied with water from the mixing water connection and separates the medium into two temperature zones.
SAFE USE OF THE HOT WATER AT A CONSTANT TEMPERATURE
The thermostatic mixing valves from Taconova provide reliable temperature controls, meeting the requirements to prevent scalding. The automatic function of the mixing valves requires no auxiliary energy and therefore removes the need for additional regulatory components.
BENEFITS AT THE PLANNING STAGE
- Compliance with drinking water regulations
- Compliance with the Energy Conservation Act (EnEV) as no auxiliary energy is required for regulating the mixer
- Can be used for maintaining the temperature in hot drinking water systems; surface heating systems; load valves for wood-burning boilers
- Can be used as a diverting valve when water needs to be separated into two temperature zones
- Compliance with applicable design regulations for:
- Constant hot water temperatures
- Cold water feed failure
- Protection against scalding
BENEFITS AT THE INSTALLATION STAGE
- Variable installation position
- Possibility to lock the set point adjustment (tamper proofing)
- Low-maintenance thanks to internal parts with non-stick coating to prevent calcification
- Backflow preventer can be integrated as an accessory
- Replaceable thermostat element
- High temperature regulation range for thermal disinfection
- Constant hot water temperatures without additional installation of sensors and regulators